This week, the biggest international event in mobile took place in Barcelona, Spain. Check out just a few of the announcements and connected gadgets launched at MWC:
- Samsung had a busy week. Not only was the highly anticipated S6 and S6Edge revealed, with a curve at the edge of the screen, but Samsung Pay and Samsung Gear Virtual Reality Innovator Edition were also introduced.
- Smartwatches dominated the event, with Huawei entering the market and new watches from HTC and LG. There was also a hands-on demonstration of the new Pebble Time Steel.
- Alcatel announced a mid-range Android smartphone, the Idol 3, including a phablet version.
- Qualcomm showed us its new fingerprinting scanning solution called Sense ID, so powerful that it can recognize dirty and greasy hands.
- Ericsson reiterated its push toward faster 4G, LTE Broadcast, VoLTE, and plans to explore 5G.
- HTC unveiled its Virtual Reality headset, Re Vive expected to be available to consumers next year.
- Bluesmart revealed its new connected carryon, which has a built in scale to weigh itself and comes with a SIM card so you will never lose your luggage again.
Check out more new gadgets from Mobile World Congress Here.