This week, Cisco released its Visual Networking Index: Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast Update which highlights the growth in mobile data traffic and trends in wireless.
Highlights from the report include:
- Mobile users in North America are the hungriest for data: They lead the world in consuming the most data per subscriber per month.
- Mobile video consumption to skyrocket: On average, users will consume 10 hours of video per month on their mobile device by 2017.
- 4G on the rise: 4G users consume 19 times more data than a non-4G connection. In 2013, there will be 135.2 million global 4G connections.
- Increased data consumption: Smartphones generate as much traffic as 50 basic-feature phones; tablets generate as much as 120 basic-feature phones.
- More mobile devices than people: In 2013, mobile connected devices will exceed the world’s population and by 2017, there will be over 10 billion mobile connected devices.
To learn more and read the full report, go here.