Ten Finalists in the Running for Popular Vote and Judged Prizes
(Washington, DC) – Today, Mobile Future announced the ten finalists in their national mobile innovation competition, The Mobileys. These dynamic innovations now vie for the title of the People’s Choice, an award given to the finalist who garners the most online votes at The Mobileys website- www.themobileys.com.
Voting opened today and the winner stands to earn $2,500 on top of the three podium prizes, awarded by Mobile Future’s panel of judges, which come with checks of $10,000, $5,000, and $2,500. Voting closes on December 6, 2013 and final results will be announced on December 11, 2013 in Washington, DC.
Below are the ten finalists for The Mobileys announced today that are eligible to win the Peoples Choice award:
- BOLD Guidance, Cleveland, OH –a Mobile Counselor that helps students navigate the college application process.
- G-Labs Vision Therapy App, Boulder, CO – a library of vision therapy exercises designed to be used either in Optometrist clinics or at home on the iPad through a customized vision therapy routine.
- HeadsUP!, Washington, DC – a revolutionary new windshield transparent LED display that integrates with your smartphone and allows texts, calls, navigation and social media notifications to appear on the windshield without obstructing the user’s view.
- INRFOOD, Raleigh, NC – a personalized nutrition platform that upon scanning of the bar code of over 300,000-plus products instantly analyzes the nutrition facts & ingredients.
- Launch Trainer App, New York, NY – educates millennial entrepreneurs on launching technology companies.
- Learn with Homer, Brooklyn, NY – the first comprehensive children’s reading app built by literacy experts for the iPad, offers a complete Pre-K and K reading curriculum.
- Lineapple, Brooklyn, NY – a mobile application that turns a smartphone into a mobile buzzer with wait intelligence and also allows users to search for lines, line up, and be notified without having to stand in traditional long lines.
- Page-Out, Wichita, KS – allows emergency responders the ability to page-out when not available from their smartphones, which allows department leaders to ascertain their needs immediately when a call comes out.
- Vheda Health, Baltimore, MD & Spartanburg, SC –the first mobile-centric platform for chronic disease care and prevention.
- Wearably, Washington, DC – a software as service that enables publishers and media companies to send their content to wearable mobile devices
“We’ve been blown away by the innovative spirit and enthusiasm displayed in every one of the The Mobileys applications,” said Mobile Future Chair Jonathan Spalter. “Our ten finalists creatively use mobile technology to tackle challenges and create lasting opportunities for our communities and families. These innovations represent all that’s possible from a bright mobile future. Take a look at these tremendous finalists and cast your vote now.”