Finalists in National Mobile Innovation Competition Vie for Popular Vote and Judged Prizes
(Washington, DC) – Today, Mobile Future announced the ten finalists in the national mobile innovation competition, The Mobileys. These dynamic innovations now vie for the title of the People’s Choice, an award given to the finalist who garners the most online votes at The Mobileys website.
Voting opens today and the winner of the People’s Choice stands to earn $2,500 on top of the three podium prizes, awarded by Mobile Future’s panel of judges, which come with checks of $10,000, $5,000, and $2,500. The voting period will open October 3rd at noon and close October 17th at midnight (ET).
Below are the ten finalists for The Mobileys that are eligible to win the People’s Choice award:
- CareGivingApp, Largo, FL – an interactive, calendar-based mobile and Web application for creating and organizing family and community care networks.
- Code Blue, San Francisco, CA – a mobile app that helps teenagers and young people experiencing depression or bullying get immediate support.
- First Derm, San Francisco, CA – a mobile app that provides both consumers and businesses a faster, more convenient means to receive professional opinion on skin care.
- fitRaise, Sautee Nacoochee, GA – peer to peer crowd-funding with a fitness twist through virtual events for non-profits, charities, and causes.
- Native Numbers, Arlington, MA – an adaptive, mastery-based curriculum delivered via iPad that develops “number sense” in pre-K/K children (age 4-6).
- Panic Pop, Boise, ID – a mobile game designed to help ease the symptoms of panic disorder.
- Pawzii, Seattle, WA – helps animal shelters, humane societies, and municipalities manage their pet licensing programs online.
- TREWGrip Mobile Dock, Cincinnati, OH – a handheld keyboard and air mouse for today’s mobile technology, smart TVs, and desktop computers.
- VolunteerMark, Merriam, KS –a mobile app that makes it easy to find the perfect volunteer opportunity based on skills, interest, availability and location.
- Wexus, San Francisco, CA – a mobile app that helps agribusinesses quickly access energy, water and billing data from virtually anywhere.
“The vision, creativity and tenacity displayed in every one of the The Mobileys applications shows the power and promise of mobile technology,” said Mobile Future Chair Jonathan Spalter. “Our finalists have leveraged wireless technology in new ways that have tremendous potential to truly make the world a better place. Take a look at these mobile fueled innovations and cast your vote for the People’s Choice Award today.”