Regardless of where you live, we all need to be prepared for those "unexpected adventures." To help ensure you and your family are ready to handle whatever situation comes your way, www.ready.gov, provides tips and resources for managing a range of emergency situations. Top among the tips is creating an emergency preparedness kit that includes:
- Mobile device and chargers
- Enough food and water to last each person three days (one gallon of water per person per day)
- A battery powered, or hand crank radio in addition to a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert (don’t forget extra batteries)
- A flashlight and whistle
- A first aid kit including sterile or latex gloves, dressings, disinfectant towelettes, antibiotic and burn ointment, bandages, eye wash solutions, thermometer, and prescription medications
- Warm blankets, sleeping bags, or other bedding to remain warm.
And don’t forget to include food and water for your pets!