Watch our rapid-fire tour of 2010’s key consumer and technology mobile trends showing the staggering growth in consumer mobile usage across a dizzying array of applications and social media platforms.
Highlights of the Mobile Year in Review 2010 Video
Massive increase in apps downloaded
- FIVE BILLION apps downloaded — up from 300 million in 2009
Whopping expansion of location-based services
- FIVE MILLION Foursquare users — up from 200,000 users in 2009
Surge in mobile social media platforms
- 347 PERCENT growth in Twitter mobile usage
- 200 MILLION mobile Facebook Users
- 100 MILLION YouTube videos played on mobile devices everyday
Ongoing explosion in data traffic
- 3,000 PERCENT growth in one carrier’s data traffic since 2008
- 3,339: average number of texts sent per month by US teens.
Unprecedented competition and choice
- 96 PERCENT of mobile users can choose from 3 or more providers
- 92 PERCENT of mobile users are satisfied with their provider
- 4 CENTS: average voice rate per minute in the US
- 77 MILLION: number of smartphones shipped in the fall of 2010.