A recent Pew study finds that smartphone users are turning to mobile for more than traditional text and talk. Consumers are increasingly using their smartphone for mobile payments, house hunting, job searches, digital learning, health and government services. According to the data, 64% of American adults own a smartphone of some kind.
Here are some of the highlights:
– 62% of smartphone owners have used their phone in the past year to look up information about a health condition.
– 57% of consumers have used their phone for online banking
– 44% of smartphone users have used their phone for house hunting
– 43% use their smartphone to look up information about a job.
– 40% of consumers have used their smartphone to look up government services or information.
Learn more here.