We may collect aggregate information on what pages consumers access or visit, information volunteered by the consumer, such as survey information and/or site registrations is also collected.
Any information we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To complete and report any information related to contributions as required by law
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails following up on the issue or transaction you initiated on our site
A cookie is a small, encrypted data string our servers store on your hard drive with a unique generated User ID number when you visit our site. Google, Facebook and other third-party vendors display our advertisements on sites across the internet, and we use these cookies to tailor advertising to you based on your past visits to our sites in a process called “remarketing.”
Cookies do not store personally identifiable information, and they cannot access or otherwise compromise the data on your hard drive. We do not share our cookie information directly with any third-party, with the exception of those required to manage our remarketing campaign.
Additionally, Google Analytics will be used to track information on visitors to voterparticipation.org for the purpose of website optimization and assessing whether key audiences are visiting the site.
Google Analytics collects the following types of information from users:
– Type of user agent (web browser) used, software manufacture and version number.
– Type of operating system
– Screen colors (color processing ability of the user’s screen)
– Flash version
– Screen resolution
– Network location and IP address
– Can include country, city, state, region, county, or any other geographic data.
– Bandwidth (internet connection speed)
– Time of visit
– Pages visited
– Time spent on each page of the website
– Referring site
– The website (URI) the user came through in order to arrive at this website (example: clicking on a hyperlink from Yahoo.com that took the user to this website)
– Search engine query used (example: typing in a phrase into a search engine like Google, and clicking on a link from that search engine)
This data DOES NOT include any personalized identification information such as:
– Phone Numbers
– Mailing Addresses
– Social Security Numbers
– Bank Account Numbers
– Credit Card Information
This information is used to administer and update the website. MobileFuture.org will be a more user-friendly site if we know which pages our users are visiting and how often. We will also assess whether the visitors to the site match the expected site demographics and determine how key audiences are navigating the content.
If you don’t want us to establish this cookie, you can choose to change your browser settings to disable cookies; additionally, you can opt out of the ads displayed as a result of your visit to this site by changing your settings for Google and Facebook.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance: We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), in that we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, information and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years of age or older.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance: Because we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent, except as otherwise required by federal or state law.
We can be reached via email at [email protected] or you can reach us by telephone at 1-202-772-0453.
This policy was last modified on July 12, 2018.